Thursday, April 30, 2009

Cupcakes take the Cake!

Once we decided to go with cupcakes instead of a large cake I was happy not only because I adore them, but because I thought we'd save money!
Then I started contacting bakery's in the Charleston area and was shocked at the quotes I was receiving!
Most places were charging upwards of $3!!!
Really? For a tiny little cupcake? When we are buying in bulk?

Well I was hesitant to contact Baked. Why? Because this little bakery started out in New York! The owners have written an amazing book!


And they were just rated above Magnolia Bakery (the infamous bakery from SATC!) by New York Magazine's blog Grub Street!

I thought for sure their prices would be sky high but I contacted them anyways!

Well my lovelies, I'm overjoyed to report that the price I was quoted was almost half of what other bakeries quoted me!!!
I almost fainted when I read the e-mail! Truly!

Our tasting isn't until our next trip to Charleston, but we're about 99.9% they're our baker!

Know what that means? It means we don't have any vendors left to decide on!!!
Hip Hip Hooray!!!!
170 DAYS TO GO!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! How stinkin' cute is the cupcake with the deer and snow. Gosh, people are creative.

    ReplyDelete