Friday, June 19, 2009

Heavenly Day

In approximately 3 hours my Sistah and I will embark on the 4 hour trek home to Norton, VA.
I'm antsy.
Incredibly antsy to break up out of this joint referred to as "my office" (it's more like a closet).

On the Agenda for this long weekend:

Back to back days of a baseball tournament my awesome lil' bro is playing in.


Farmer's Market on Saturday morning.

Shopping for crafts and baked goods at Michael's.

Eating a big, yummy dinner of Tilapia, Corn Cakes, Green Beans and mama san's homemade honey wheat bread on Saturday evening (Father's Day Dinner).

Baking breads, muffins, and pound cakes that my lovely mother will be selling at our local Farmer's Market on Tuesday evening.


Wine and Jenga on the back porch.

Taking the pups to the mountains.


That's one perfect weekend if you ask me. :)

Although I am going to really miss my Mr. P!
*As I've said before, 3 nights is just too long to be away from you!

I did make my love a large roast and an apple crumble for dessert.
This way I know he's well fed while I'm gone.

I also baked these Father's Day golf themed cupcakes on a whim.


They turned out pretty cute.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Hug your daddy's.
xo
Allow me to leave you with a song my mother and I adore.

You're smiling now, aren't you?
Good!

4 comments:

  1. Where do you find this time, my love!? Love the golf cupcakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! hope your weekend "home" has been fantastic! your father's day cupcakes are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. heads up- Cupcake in Charleston has the new summer menu up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you anonymous! :) I'll be there next month and CAN'T WAIT to check it out!

    ReplyDelete