Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Give me S'more

Our reception venue has these great fire pits that we certainly want to utilize on the big day.


We could just use them as warmth, our wedding is in October and the evening could be a bit chilly.
OR we could use them to roast marshmallows.
Typing that sentence just made me really excited.
Who doesn't love S'mores?
If you said no I probably don't want to be your friend.

I'm absolutely kidding about that last comment, but I do think your crazy.

Anyways...
I saw these adorable little S'mores packets on Miss Pickles Press (she's a genius) site last night.


I know I said I wasn't going to take on another DIY project, but this one would be really easy and cheap.
Love that.

Soooo, my question to you dear friends is if this is a project I should take on or not?

Keep in mind in lieu of a cake we are opting for various flavors of cupcakes AND we are setting up a homemade cookie buffet for guests to fill up on as favors.

Would the S'mores bar be a sweets overload?

Please vote in my current poll.
Thank you kind darlings.

6 comments:

  1. I voted 'Yes, but no to the cookie buffet,' here is why my love:

    1) S'mores rock! Of course you can't leave this great idea out!

    2) So do cookies (so don't take my answer literally). However, if you do too many sweets, people many not get a chance to get around to it all + food.

    3) This may sound crazy, but I feel like if you have TOO many GREAT ideas, it's going to take away from the rest of it.

    So....I dont have a concrete answer for you my love(sad face). I think the S'more project would be totally fun and easy, but then again baking with your mom and sis the day before would be so memorable. Can you put s'mores in the welcome bags? Yeah, yeah, yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and thank you so much for visiting my blog and for leaving such a kind and heartfelt comment about my letter to my father. That really meant a lot to me... Can't wait to learn more about you and your upcoming wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smores fall into the "activity" category as it is something to do, not just to consume.
    Smores at the recepetion, cookies to take home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooo! smores are an excellent idea! i, personally, wouldn't worry about having too much sugar...it gives people options! and i agree that smores fall in the activity category. it's a fun little something to do, and it will make your wedding very memorable. just make sure to provide wet wipes for sticky fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. of COURSE you should do s'mores!

    oh wait. i am biased.

    but still.

    S'MORES!

    p.s. thanks for the post about miss pickles press!

    ReplyDelete