Monday, March 2, 2009

Weekend Update...




Mr. P and I are house/dog (2 GREAT Danes) sitting for his parents. They live in a lovely home out on the lake and it honestly feels like we are on vacation, well minus the work part! Yuck!
Anyways, it snowed Sunday night, snowed more than I've ever seen in the past 4 years that I've lived in Charlotte...snowed enough that I didn't have to go to work today! HELLO 3 day weekend!
Over the weekend I knocked out lots of little wedding tasks (not so fun ones) that I've been putting off over the past few weeks.
More importantly, I christened my sewing machine. :D
Oh how I love it!!! I love it so much that last night after already putting it to sleep I had to resist a strong urge to run upstairs, grab it and try to sew as we watched a movie on the couch!
It's just so much fun! I cannot wait to go by lots of beautiful fabric! Especially fabric that I can use on some of these DIY wedding projects I'm hoping to bring to light.
In the meantime I've been working with some cheap fabric I bought online just to get some practice.
My first project, one that was probably to ambitious, was this tote (photo #1)! See the frayed edges? It's a total Monet! P was all impressed when I walked downstairs carrying it on my shoulder. "Let me see" he proclaimed. I handed it over along with my pride!
Fortunately I know exactly what I did wrong and I can't wait to pick more fabric to try this one again.

Today I made this lovely aapron (photo #2) which I actually really like! :)
The possibilities are endless I tell ya'!
Seriously, if you enjoy crafts in the least I suggest you pick up one of these bad boys! I'm angry with myself for waiting so long!

P.S-I couldn't help showing off the second love of my life, the Tuckmeister!

*Wedding venue decided! Update tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment