Thursday, September 24, 2009

Tomatillo Chicken Stew


For those of you who don't know, my lovely fiance was born in Mexico.
It's thanks to him that I now love cooking with tomatillos, lime, cilantro and jalapenos.

When I saw this recipe on Simply Recipes a couple of days ago I knew I had to make it.

Even though yesterday ended up being a hot, muggy day I still made a big batch of this stew and it was very delicious my friends.


Elise
suggests serving over rice and that's exactly what I did.
I prefer Basmati rice because it's nice and sticky.
I also love to add fresh lime juice and cilantro to my rice (Qdoba anyone?).


I highly suggest checking out Simply Recipes.
Elise hasn't steered me wrong once.
In fact I'm baking her banana bread recipe at this very moment.

1 comment:

  1. oooh i want to see how the banana bread turns out!! that's one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete