Tuesday, September 8, 2009

FYI

Joanna over at A Cup of Jo has a series going featuring other bloggers and their "secrets to a happy marriage/relationship".

It's been really inspiring to read everyone's advice.

I definitely suggest going here and checking it out.

*One of my favorites so far is from Anna Bond of Rifle Designs, she says:

"Love your other how they need to be loved, not how you need to be." A friend told me this simple mantra, saying that it had transformed his parents' marriage. It has stuck with me ever since. It makes so much sense and yet is so easy to forget because I think by nature we tend to be pretty selfish. Love is selfless, though, and what truly makes me happy is when my husband is happy. So, a key to a good marriage is trying your best to focus on what your significant other needs you to be to him, instead of what you want him to be to you."

1 comment:

  1. You've just summarized The Five Love Languages! Great message and I believe it 100%

    ReplyDelete