Tuesday, May 19, 2009

my happy place


sister and I went to the farmer's market today.
when we finally left my arms had red marks up and down them from lugging around so many bags.
I wanted everything.
That's not an exaggeration.
Not at all.


I left with green beans, summer squash, zucchini, corn on the cob, cucumbers, peaches, plums!
Both fiance and I are out of town this weekend so we have a lot of eating to do my love.
Sorry.

After selecting all my produce I walked over to the fresh flower stand where a bunch of peonies screamed my name!
'Emily! You must purchase us! We are beautiful, pink, full, round blooms!'
I CANNOT wait to get home and place these pretties in a little vase that will adorn my night stand.
I've coveted these lovelies for quite some time.
They now rest in our walk in cooler at work and I keep going to peek on them just to make sure they are okay.
That's how much I love them.

I must also mention that there was a homemade baked goods stands.
I wanted to avoid it.
I really, really did!
Then I saw sister at the stand talking to the smiling gal' behind the counter and I gave into temptation.
The smell of cinnamon and freshly baked bread permeated the air.
I was done for!
I showed some restraint and bought a teeny tiny loaf of sourdough bread.
It's my favorite.

Sister sent me a text once I was back in the office and said it was "the bomb"!
I immediately went to unwrap my loaf, sliced off a small slice and smothered it in the homemade jam that had caught my eye during check out.
well worth it indeed my sister!
even if it means I shall forgo dinner tonight. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment