Monday, May 18, 2009

The Good, The Bad & The Monday

My manager informed me today that there is a very good chance I will no longer be working Monday's.
This would be great news, however this three day weekend = pay cut and that BLOWS!

So for the last two hours I've been sitting at my desk trying to decide how I really feel about this.

The Good:

I currently hate Monday's. Like despise them. BUT not spending Monday's at work may help me to fall in love and reconnect with this despicable day.

I can have lunch dates with my very handsome fiance!
(we never get to have lunch dates now because we work about 30 minutes from one another)

My sister is off on Monday's and she's one of my very favorite people in the whole wide world to hang out with.
We could go to the pool, the farmer's market, take our doggies to the dog park.
The possibilities are endless.

I'd have an extra day to work on wedding projects.

I'd have time to work on getting my cupcake business up and running.
(more on this later)

The Bad:


The Money!
The Money!
The Money!

This reason deserves to be written down at least 3 times!
It's a big one!
I like money!
I like to buy things and go places and it's not like I have an excess of it right now.
I'll just have to find ways to cut back.
Which probably means Target and Old Navy will be seeing less of me.
(see, I'm aleady cheap)

This could be interesting.

1 comment:

  1. hmmm. that's kinda crummy, but really really good! i think we forget to value the quality of life here in this country a little too often. you may be taking a cut in pay, but your gonna enjoy your life soooo much more! look at all those things you were able to list off on the pro list! that's amazing! you'll be spending more time with the people you love the most. you'll be getting more rest and pursuing things you love and have genuine interest in so you'll be healthier. maybe it's worth the money?

    annnnnnd maybe you're up and coming cupcake business could make up the money?!?! how COOL would that be?! i'm excited to see where this takes you. it seems like it's going to be a really amazing turn of events. just trust it. :)

    ReplyDelete