Wednesday, August 12, 2009

better

My afternoon started off like this...
Spent thirty minutes trying to get an actual person on the phone at the North Carolina Employment Office to check the status of my first payment (i've alredy been waiting about 2 1/2 weeks).
A lady finally comes to the line who sounded like she woke up on the very wrong side of her bed.
Said lady proceeds to tell me that while YES my first payment has finally been processed it will now be 7-10 business days for it to arrive pre-loaded on a Visa Debit Card.
This would have been good news if I wasn't expecting to receive this payment two days ago.

I then maybe shed a tear or two out of frustration.

But then I spoke to my mother and that always makes me feel better.

Then my step-father stopped by on his way back to VA from working in SC.
He brought with him a bench he made me for my birthday.
I adore it.
It now sits happily on our front porch and holds our Hokie Gnome and a pot containing a plant I've been trying desperately to resuscitate.


Then I spent a few hours baking baby cakes for Tater Tot's (Carly's co-worker and business partner) little boy's birthday this weekend.

I baked them in blue for the boys and pink for the girls.



I love that after this task I now only have an hour before my Mr. P gets home.

Speaking of Mr. P I heard my new favorite song today while tuned into CMT.
It's called "Only You Can Love me this Way" by Keith Urban.
The lyrics made me cry, but unlike today's earlier cry it was a happy one.

'We can roll with the punches
We can stroll hand in hand
And when I say it's forver
You understand

That you're always in my heart
You're always on my mind
But when it all becomes too much
You're never far behind'

Oh and one last "speaking of"...
Don't you all just love the Hokie shirt Mr. P bought for me?
He also bought one for my sister which I think has now become a tradition. :)


Okay I'm all smiles now.
Tucker and I are going to go sit on the couch and look for a certain someone's car pull in the driveway.
See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment