Friday, July 17, 2009

Today

Today is almost over.
You should know that means I've had a VERY happy, fun-filled day today.
That's what it would take for me to neglect my beloved blog.

Sister came over early this morning.
I made us a plate of breakfast goodies.
Then our afternoon consisted of shopping, ice cream, a visit with Mr. P, Cookout, sunbathing, shopping, mani's & pedi's...good ol' qt time with my best friend.

The evening was capped off with a cookout at the Barzees.

I absolutely adore time spent with my favorite people.
I'm certain I'll never take these wonderful individuals in my life for granted.

Speaking of wonderful individuals....
8 years ago today Mr. P and I stood in his second Terrace View apartment at Virginia Tech.
I'd met him 7 months earlier.
I spent those 7 months trying to be the coolest college freshman I knew how to be.
On that July evening back in 2001 I was on my way out to an apartment party.
Man did I use to think those were cool.
Mr. P turns to me and says "you going to tell people you have a boyfriend if asked?"
"No, because I don't have a boyfriend" I coyly replied.
Then with one quick response, "would you like me to be your boyfriend?", began our 8 year history.
One of the best days of my life.
Needless to say, I really didn't want to go to that party anymore.

Tomorrow Mr. P and I have a couple's shower to attend.
I'm excited. I'm nervous.
But I'm really happy that it's the one year anniversary of the day my Mr. P proposed.



Happy Weekend friends.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment