Sunday, December 14, 2008

Dress Shopping Part 1



AAAHHHHHHH!!!! :) That's me letting out a huge sigh of relief!
For some reason I was all sorts of nervous for my first dress shopping experience and it went much better than I expected!
Did I find my dream dress? No. But it was an absolute wonderful time nonetheless!
As I mentioned before my sister and I headed to Raleigh (the dress shop was in Fuquay Varina) to check out the Augusta Jones Trunk Show. I worked with Felicia and she was such a joy!
I unfortunately think I'm somewhat spoiled now...no way it can go as smoothly at every other boutique!
I realize now that it's important to work with someone who get's you, who understands your personality and what your looking for. Felicia was great at pulling dresses and letting me try on a variety of styles since it was my first time trying dresses on.
I'm happy to report that what I thought I was going to like was exactly what I liked.
I've heard from various people that you often end up liking something completely different than what you envisioned, not me! :)
I LOVED lace! I loved strapless with a sweetheart neckline and I also prefer an A-line fit!

I kinda thought I was going to be a gal who goes to one store and buys one of the first dresses I tried on. Not so much! Now I'm exciting to try on as many dresses as I can! :) Especially since I have a few months before I need to order it.

Sorry for writing a book! I think the giddiness still hasn't worn off!

*This photo is a picture of one of the Augusta Jones dresses, the Barcelona, I tried on and thought was beautiful, just not right for me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment